Saturday, February 14, 2009

five little words--THANK YOU & I LOVE YOU

As I sit on this valentine's morn, just reading blogs and enjoying the quietness of home, I linked to the most amazing story from the Boston Globe called "Forty Years' Worth of Thanks". I hope it touches you like it did me. Please read the story also.

Happy Valentine's Day. You know today doesn't have to be about gifts or candy. It can be about being with people you love and if you can't be with them, call and tell them you love them. So often folks are afraid to say these words--I love you and thank you. Don't ever forget the power of words and how they can make you feel. They can build you up, but they can also tear you to pieces. To my hubby, my 3 kids--jordan, sarah, and kristeen--I love you more than words can say. You make me smile, laugh, and cry happy tears. Hubby, I cannot believe we have been married almost 30 years. Where has the time gone? We aren't old enough to be married that long. My kids, now all grown up and out on their own or almost there. Sarah--only 3 short months until you graduate. I'm proud of you all. My friends-I love you. Thank you for being there for the good times, but more importantly for the sad ones. You helped me so much during the years I struggled with my mom's Alzheimer's and then when my dear sweet mama passed away.

May you have a beautiful day and spend time with someone you love.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love that so many people are finding other nice things about Valentine's Day. Another blog I read is just thanking all of her blog followers today. Hope you have an awesome day!