Sunday, November 22, 2009

My mom and dad and my kids

I was born 14 years after my sister. I'm not sure and never asked why the big gap between us? I often wondered--conception problems? no sex? was i an accident? i know i was supposed to be a boy though and my dad lost a bet.

I think my dad looks like a gangster in this picture. Look at those ears!!

Posted by Picasa

Sister and mom have some tight curls in this picture!!


I am so thankful my kids have wonderful memories of times with their Nana and Papa. They were not fortunate enough to know hubby's parents. Grandparents play such an important part in a child life. Maybe that's what is wrong with me. I can only remember my mom's mom, Mama Nix. I only remember her as being old. She lived with us for a while, but I have no memories of staying at her house, playing games, or just spending time together and that makes me sad. My sister does though and she has told me stories.

When Jordan and Sarah were younger, they spent lots of time with their grandparents. They spent the night, played Sorry, Wheel of Fortune, and Hide and Seek. Nana cooked whatever they wanted. We went on several vacations together and one of our favorite places to go was Silver Dollar City.





Jordan and Sarah entertaining Nana and Papa

No comments: