Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do you want to SAVE money??

I know I do. I have really tried to be more economical in my spending. It seems like all items from food to clothing to entertainment have gotten more expensive. Since I don't want to do without some things like food, clothing, and fun, I am always on the lookout for deals. After listening and being so obedient to my husband for 30 years (hubby--are you rolling on the floor with laughter???), and always asking myself these 3 questions he has so lovingly suggested:

1. Do I need it?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Where am I going to put it? (I have been known to give not so appropriate answers to that one!!)

I think I am a better shopper. I have really considered buying some items, but when I thought about it, I didn't really need them and I certainly didn't have a place to put them. SO MONEY WAS SAVED which is a GOOD (scratch that) GREAT thing!!

On Tuesday, I was eating breakfast and saw a news item that was going to be on the morning news. So I used my favorite gadget of all time----the DVR. I watched the show after school, skipping through everything I didn't want to watch and getting to the meat of the show--Money Saving MOM --LauraThornquist who helps run MyDFWmommy.com. I thought immediately "I gotta check this out!" I did and I was more than impressed. Thanks Laura and your team. You have a great blog with so much useful info. I'm a learner (and I hope I always will be) and you are a great teacher.

During the Christmas holidays, my DIL, Kristeen, told me about a blog called, My Baton Rouge Mommy. It is also full of great information. Some tips/coupons are just for Baton Rouge area, but there are many that can be used anywhere.

Soooooo, if you want some good info about saving money go read these blogs. Happy money saving shopping to you this year!!

No comments: