Monday, February 8, 2010

What a guy and even better what a dad: DREW BREES




CONGRATULATIONS SAINTS!!! I'm so happy for you and New Orleans!!! I consider the above after game pictures to be greatness. Look at that: The winning quarterback gets his son and celebrates with him. This is a cherished moment that Drew shared with his son and we were fortunate enough to be a part of it. Here's what the New York Times said in a story Monday:

Brees said he’ll always cherish his moment with Baylen on the field.

“It’s something I’ve dreamed about since I was 7 years old,” Brees said, “to win a championship and to share it with my son. It’s only his first year of life, he’ll never remember that moment but it’s something I’ve always dreamed of.”

When the Super Bowl XLIV MVP quarterback drew near to his son, he whispered something even the child couldn’t hear through the protective headset.

“I just told him I loved him,” Brees said. Read more from motherlode blog from the NYT.

I also love it when I see people like Drew make a difference in their community. I just found out that he and his wife, Brittany, created the Brees Dream Foundation in 2003 "to help advance cancer research, care for cancer patients, and help rebuild schools, parks, playgrounds, and athletic fields in New Orleans, San Diego, and Purdue communities.

pictures from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/07/drew-brees-son-baylen-cel_n_452946.html

1 comment:

Sarah said...

YAY SAINTS!!!!