Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

One day last week I received an email from my hubby that linked to The Frugal Girl's Wednesday Baking entry.
That was it.  I went to the blog and thought mmmm good.  I need to make this.  Sometime.  Well, tonight I made it.  I had already had some and told hubby, "I don't know if you are going to like this.  You might want to only get a little to start with."  Judging from this picture, I would definitely say it was a hit for both of us. 


Posted by Picasa
***please note hubby wanted me to add this was a small pan. i totally agree with him.

The best part about this recipe was how easy it was to make.

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake Recipe

3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 1/4 cups hot water

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a medium bowl. Combine milk, melted butter and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine, then spread into an ungreased 8×8 inch baking pan.

Combine brown sugar, white sugar, and cocoa powder; sprinkle over top of batter. Pour hot water over top of cake, and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve in bowls with vanilla ice cream.

***Update on baby birdies:  i wondered if there were 4 or 5 babies.  I looked today and discovered 6 beaks!!!  Amazing!

No comments: