Sunday, December 14, 2008

FABULOUS FUDGE

Oh my gosh!! I have made 4 batches of fudge in 4 days. I'm eating too much of it. It's so good. I hadn't really thought of fudge being one of my favorite Christmas candies, but this year it certainly is. The first 2 batches were super fast and easy. While shopping at Sam's Club, I picked up a Carnation fudge making kit. It even came with little pans to pour the fudge in. On Wednesday I made just regular chocolate fudge and took it to the 3rd and 4th grade teachers I work with. Hubby and I managed to eat just a little of that batch not because we had self control but because it was gone. Thursday I decided I would make the other batch but with half I would mix in peanut butter and then layer it over the chocolate. YUM!!! I took that to school also, but we got to eat more of it. There was even some left on Friday evening. Saturday, after an extensive and intensive shopping expedition to Wally World, I was all ready for totally homemade fudge. I went to allrecipes.com and found these two recipes:
Eagle Brand Peanut Butter Fudge and Aunt Teen's Creamy Chocolate Fudge
I layered them, but had extra chocolate so we have a small pan of that. I used crunchy peanut butter and didn't add nuts to the chocolate. It is addictive. I had some last night and several pieces/bits/nibbles this morning. I think it must be okay cause I'm just eating a little each time. That's self control. Maybe I can go on a fudge diet. The only problem is my layers aren't stuck together. I'm not sure why this happened, but it doesn't affect the taste.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She is going to stay in Tyler for 2 yrs and work as a cardiac nurse in the cardiac step down unit. :)