Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An Amazing and Inspiring Man

My principal sent our staff a link to this video today and asked us to take about 5 minutes and watch it. This is about Nick Vujicic and he's 25 years old. He was born without arms or legs and given no medical reason for this condition. I did my best to download the video here, but something is wrong with the code so just click on his name and you can see it.


I must say I felt some guilt after watching this; after all I am guilty of complaining. My level of complaining varies depending on what's going on with me, my family, job, etc. My poor hubby probably suffers the blunt of this and that's not fair to him. When my kids were younger and at home they got to share in the wrath of mom. I know I do need to vent and let off steam from time to time, but I don't need to take out my frustration on others. Does complaining accomplish anything or does it bring me more unhappiness, dissatisfaction, and self pity? I'm thinking I don't really need any more of those......

No comments: