Sunday, February 8, 2009

Diet and Exercise

Someone asked me how is it going with the diet and exercise. First, let me say this is hard to do, VERY HARD to do, but I'm committed and I'm making progress. It just isn't happening so quickly. I have lost a total of 6 pounds. Now I have shown my commitment at school also and joined our weight loss club which means I have a little paper shoe posted on the bullentin board and each week I lose weight my little shoe moves forward. I am happy to report my shoe did move forward!! Hip hip hurrah!! Our weigh in is on Thursday. I like my weigh in at home much better for 2 reasons:
1. It's anonymous even though the only person that is supposed to know your weight at school is our nurse.
2. I weigh less on my Wii fit because it deducts 2 pounds for my clothing. This doesn't happen at school.

Exercise is coming along, but it is oh so hard to exercise by yourself. There's no one making me do it. I have walked, done floor exercises, and my wii fit, but I must admit I'm not doing it as consistently as I should.

My yummy indulgence last weekend was very simple and I just made it up.
Apple and Peanut Butter Pizza
*Spread 1 whole grain tortilla with peanut butter (not TOO much!)
*Put heated cinnamon apple slices on top. I made these with peeled Gala apple slices with a little Promise margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon. You could substitute freshly chopped apple.
*Sprinkle a few chopped walnuts on top.
Place in skillet sprayed with Pam and heat until tortilla is lightly crisp on the bottom. Slice with a pizza cutter into quarters. This was very yummy and satisfied my yearning for something sweet.

This weekend has been good, really low key, but I got lots of work done. I cleaned out the closet in J's room, sewed and FINISHED several projects, worked in the yard and got several cuts and scrapes and a big ugly splinter that hurt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged. You can do this.