Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Have you heard of Susan Boyle?

If you haven't, then you should read on. If you have, she's worth hearing again. I received an email from our very good friend, Bill. He doesn't send emails often and when he does, he isn't "linking" to another site, so I thought, "I better see what this is."

Now I must admit when Susan walked out I was probably thinking what the majority of the audience and the judges were thinking, "Who is this woman? What talent does she have? I bet she's going to be like Renaldo Lapuz and entertain by being a ridiculously funny singer." What I heard was entirely different. (Scroll down to the bottom to mute my playlist.)

Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 - Click here for this week’s top video clips

If you want to hear the whole song and the judges talking to her, please click here: Susan Boyle sing, "I dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. When she started to sing, I got a big smile and I became more entranced and delighted as the voice of the angel continued. The audience felt the same as I did and the judges were mesmerized as well. I only got to listen once because I was off to school, but as soon as I got home, I started to listen to to her sing over and over. At times, I got teary eyed because of her talent and listening to the words of the song, I think they must tell some of her life story. Watch the judge, Piers Morgan, when he is watching her sing. He loves her and he is glowing with joy while watching her sing.

Here are the Lyrics(Thanks to NewHotdox)

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used
And wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted.

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame.

And still
I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms
We cannot weather...

I had a dream my life would be
So different form this hell I'm living
so different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After listening to her, I thought why are we so judgmental? Why did we automatically assume she wouldn't have talent? My momma always told me, "Don't judge a book by its cover" and "Beauty is only skin deep" and "It's what's inside that counts". Thankfully, I was reminded of these lessons once more and I hope and pray I won't be so quick to cast judgment. The right time to judge someone is NEVER! Let us not miss out on chances to know wonderful people because we are only looking at their cover. Lest we not forget some of the beautiful people-actors and actresses, famous sports figures, and some of the awful and mean actions and words they have spoken. Look within a person to know their true beauty and worth.

Susan Boyle-You are a delight! You make me smile, laugh, and cry!! I wish you the very best. Your dream is now my wish. GOOD LUCK!! I'm going to be watching for you and when you get your first CD published, I will be one of many to buy it.

No comments: