Friday, July 24, 2009

My dad

I am emotional. At the moment I am composed, but it seems this can change in an instant. It's only been 1 year and 9 months since my mom passed away. So I am again flooded with memories. Tomorrow is the memorial service, a celebration of my daddy's life. I will be recalling memories of life growing up with my dad. Please pray that I am able to do this. It's something I really want to do for him.



My dad, 90, a loving husband, father, and papa passed away on July 21, 2009. Raymond was born on November 16, 1918. He worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Company for 43 years. During the final week of his life he still proudly told family and friends that the bottling company started with only 2 employees and $5000. He will be remembered by all who knew him as a man who loved his family, wasn’t afraid of hard work, and was always willing to lend a helping hand. He was an avid reader and gardener. He delighted in sharing vegetables from his garden with family and friends. He never met a stranger and often greeted people with “How’s it going Easy Money?” He leaves behind 2 loving daughters, 6 grandkids, and 11 great grandkids and many nieces, nephews, and cousins.

No comments: