Friday, September 4, 2009

Gracyn DenBesten sings "HEALER" on Father's Day

I haven't written about Gracyn in a while but I feel this child of God has touched countless lives since she was diagnosed with viral myocarditis back in December of 2008. She received a heart transplant on April 15, 2009 and is doing great. She started 5th grade and was so excited, but then worried because she was going to have to wear a mask to school due to her low white blood cells count. Some of her friends made her feel more comfortable by wearing masks also. That little action made all the difference for sweet Gracyn. When they were getting ready for school, I was touched by what her brother Brooks told his mom. From her caring bridge site: He said, "Mommy, this is how it's suppose to be... all of us here together, getting ready for school. It's been a long time since that's happened." He then gave me a big hug. I whole-heartedly agree... it's been a long time, and oh, how good it feels.






You can read more about Gracyn's performance here.

I hope Gracyn has a wonderful 5th grade year!! Please join me in praying that she shows no signs of rejection.

No comments: