Saturday, February 20, 2010

An Anyway Friend

I was watching this week's Private Practice and I thought I am fortunate to have several anyway friends. Here's the scene: Sam is speaking at his pregnant 15 year old daughter's wedding. He is reminiscing about Maya being in a different white dress with red and blue ABC's on it. He says Maya as a little girl told him she wanted to marry him when she grew up. He wondered why in the world would she want to marry her daddy. So he asked her, "Why me?" Maya told him, "Because Daddy you are my anyway friend." At the time he said he didn't know what it meant so Maya had to explain to him that an anyway friend is the one person in your life whom no matter what you say or do, no matter what they've been through with you will love you anyway.

Do you have a anyway friend? My anyway friends are blessings in my life. We've shared laughter and joy, tears in sadness and pain, and even tears with our laughter cause we laugh so darn much. Sometimes when we are laughing, I think of one of my favorite cartoons growing up.
Felix the cat
The wonderful wonderful cat
You'll laugh so hard your sides will ache
your heart will go pitter pat
Watching Felix the wonderful cat.


hubby-
thank you for being my anyway friend. i love you and need you in my life.

1 comment:

mzvonz said...

I had recorded it, watched it Saturday morning while drinking my coffee, and with big ole tears. Right then I thanked God for my anyway friends. Especially Alex! So when I saw your title, I knew.