Monday, February 15, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

for all my teacher friends that i see eating oatmeal--
This recipe is da bomb!!!
My Version of Baked Oatmeal

2 eggs
1/2 cup oil ***
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar(I used brown sugar and reduced the amount just a bit!)
2 cups uncooked oats
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) in a mixing bowl mix eggs, oil, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
3) add in oatmeal, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
4) pour the mixture in a 8x8 greased pan.
5) bake for 30 minutes.
***When I have the individual servings of applesauce I use one of them and 1/4 cup oil to save some calories and fat!! 

I had it for supper and then reheated it in microwave (i added more milk before reheating). 2nd time I made it with a chopped apple and chopped walnuts.  YUMYUM

After school on Friday, I have gotta go stock up on oatmeal. i told my sweet hubby I was going to buy oatmeal in bulk and buy 500 lbs. maybe i was exaggerating just a tad.

If you try baked oatmeal, let me know if you like it.  

I found this at From our kitchen to yours blog and she said she had found it on Annalee's blog, but I couldn't find the recipe there, but I did find some great recipes. Annalee's blog is a great and I love reading about and seeing pictures of her 2 little cutie pies.

No comments: