Monday, May 17, 2010

the yummiest apple dumplings

Oh my!! i just made some cause my friend told me to. so i did!!!! cause i love her!! my daughter in law introduced these apple dumplings to me when we visited them after they moved to louisiana last year. i was hooked from the very first bite. would you believe the secret ingredient is a can of mountain dew???!!! she gave me the recipe, and i'm sure it's somewhere in my clutter and maybe even with my not so organized recipes, but i love using allrecipes.com.
You can start your own recipe box and stash all your favorite recipes that you find there or even enter some of your personal recipes. i thought it might be good to have a family recipe box there and your whole family could share recipes in one place. well, enough of my rambling and let's get to the real reason for this post: THE RECIPE

Country Apple Dumplings
by Kristin

Ingredients

  • 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
  • (i use 4 apples and put 2 slices per crescent)
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
  3. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
  4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
If you try these or have made them before , let me know what you think. I love 'em too much if you know what that means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to try this soon.