You can start your own recipe box and stash all your favorite recipes that you find there or even enter some of your personal recipes. i thought it might be good to have a family recipe box there and your whole family could share recipes in one place. well, enough of my rambling and let's get to the real reason for this post: THE RECIPE
Country Apple Dumplings
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- (i use 4 apples and put 2 slices per crescent)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
If you try these or have made them before , let me know what you think. I love 'em too much if you know what that means.