Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tears flow freely for Officer Jillian Smith

Every time I hear the story of the young police officer, Jillian Smith, I get tears in my eyes. Sometimes I can wipe them away, but other times like right now they flow freely down my cheeks. I didn't know Jillian; but I wish I had. She was an incredible young woman that was far too young to die, but an 11 year old girl lives today because Officer Smith shielded her from gunfire. Heaven is more beautiful today because Jillian is there. This verse comes to mind---John 15:13
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.


My thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family.

1 comment:

Jacky said...

The story is much too sad. I will pray for Jillian and her family as well. The sacrifice she made for another life truly transcends all bounds and cultures, and hopefully we can become better people from this.