Monday, February 16, 2015

Remembering my mom

It's hard to believe it has been 2 years since I blogged.  Even harder to believe that February 15th would have been my mom's 90th birthday and that she has been gone for 7 1/3 years.  Time passes but I don't forget.  I remember the good times, the laughter, the joy, and all that she taught me but I also remember the pain and the loss that Alzheimer's caused.  It really was horrible and I can't remember without tears even now.  For today and yesterday I kept my thoughts on what her very last words were and that made me smile and even laugh.  You see the TV was on in her room and it happened to be on her favorite show, "The Price is Right" and she always wanted her family to be on the show.  She hadn't said anything for days, maybe weeks. My niece Shelly got to hear her Nana, my mom, say her last words which were, "Bob Barker".  This goes to show you that even if you don't think someone is hearing what is being said they are.  So if you are ever in a situation when you aren't sure if someone can hear you, talk to them.  Tell them your thoughts, feelings, prayers because they hear them.  What you say can give them peace and help them pass peacefully from this Earth to their Heavenly home.

I would like to think I inherited certain qualities my mom possessed.  I love to laugh and to bring laughter.  I think people should be treated equally and fairly.  I believe in the golden rule and that you should think about what you say before you say it.  Life is short; we should count each day as a gift and live each day to the fullest.  Life can be simple, too.
                                         
                                choose joy
                                     love more
                                         be kind


Those last 6 simple words say it all.......

No comments: